Let's Go Exploring!

Dear America,

With the dawn of more and more free time, I've really picked up the slack on my little walking excursions and began to cover some serious ground. How well do you know you're surroundings? Have you ever been driving to work, or coming back home, and wondered "huh, where does that road go" or "what's that over there?" Lately, I've been indulging my curiosity by traveling down any road that catches my fancy and exploring the city that I have called "home." Typically, I just pick a direction and start heading that way and find my way back as best as I can. Sometimes, I know exactly where I am, other times... well, let's just say that I've been in some situations where I started to entertain the thought of calling a taxi.

This dude was just trying to get his bronze on when I snapped a photo of him real quick. Tourists...

To be fair, I know I'm lucky that I can live in a town where such adventures are permitted. There are many places where taking a trip into the wrong neighborhood can be fatal, while I am intimately familiar with other countries where women and minorities can't go out alone. It is times like that when I am reminded just how damn beautiful you are, America!

Listen, I get it, quarantine sucks, and this pandemic doesn't seem like it's going to end, so I think we need to start getting creative with this summer. Before we know it, autumn will be here and the idea of hitting the streets will be a passing memory for another year! I really recommend getting out and seeing the town. It'll give you a chance to break free from the malaise and maybe you'll see something just around the corner that you weren't even aware existed! Who knows, maybe we'll bump into each other on the sun-washed streets! Until then, be safe and have a great summer!

Sincerely,
Calhoun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last of Us (PS4) - Video Game Review

Eyes in the Dark - Tales from the Milkwood Lounge

Underwater - Film Review